Jeroen Ouburg, is a senior advisor international to the executive board of Wageningen University and Research. In his role he advises the organisation on imitating and developing strategic networks in the field of education and research. One of the examples is the foundation of the European BioEconomy University Alliance. An alliance focussing on supporting the transition towards a bioeconomy through education and research collaboration within Europe.
Jeroen is also active in a number of other international collaborations with academic partners and funding organisation, both nationally and internationally. To name a few,
- Institutional coordinator for the Orange Knowledge Programme, capacity building programme from the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs focussing on capacity building in more than 50 developing countries. He is also a representative in the national expert panel for the development of the OKP as a whole.
- Advisor for institutional collaboration under the Erasmus+ programme
- Advisor to the Rector and the Dean of Education in the Euroleague for Life Science University network
- WUR coordinator for the participation in the Indonesia Endowment fund for education (LPDP)
Besides he activities for Wageningen University and Research Jeroen is an active member of the joint leadership of the European Association for International Education (EAIE). The joint leadership of the EAIE focusses on development of the higher education sector across Europe through hosting multiple network events, conferences and training academies. The joint leadership is also supporting the development of the HEI sector through specific topic related events like a spotlight seminar on the integration of refugees into higher education across Europe. In this capacity Jeroen participated in a number panel discussions related to EU funded programmes, events organized by the European Migration Network, DG Research. He is also an invited speaker during the annual EAIE conference.
On a national level Jeroen has been a member of expert panels for:
- Mobility obstacles (collaboration between Higher Education Institutions, Nuffic, Ministry of Justice and the Ministry of Education, Science and Culture
- Different expert panels relating capacity building programmes, like the Netherlands Fellowship Programme, the Orange Knowledge Programme etc.
- Member of the Internationalization Platform of the Association of Universities of the Netherlands